Freemans Bay School uses Linc-Ed Hero to report to parents and whānau on their child’s progress and next steps. There are no longer paper copies on reports sent home twice a year. Instead, you can access your child’s learning goals, reflections and posts at any time and from anywhere. We also communicate school notices and newsletters through Linc-Ed Hero.
WHAT WILL I SEE IN HERO?
You will need a log-on to access Hero, follow this link if you have not yet done so. The account is connected to the email address that is on file at school and provides you with access to learning information for all your children enrolled at Freemans Bay School. Each parent can have access to their own account.
You will see:
- Evidence of your child’s learning across the different subjects of the New Zealand Curriculum. This evidence may include photos, videos, samples of work, reflections, slides, assessments, digital media etc.
- Current and recently achieved learning goals
- Your child’s progress against our expectations for their age
READING YOUR CHILD’S REPORT ON HERO.
Click the link below for further information.
OTHER WAYS WE REPORT
We also report to whānau kanohi ki te kanohi (face to face) at different times.
- Whānau day at the beginning of the year – the student and their parents meet with their teacher and connect (or re-connect after the summer break). The focus is on ensuring that we know your aspirations for your child and how we can build a reciprocal partnership
- Student-led conferences in the classrooms – your child will lead this conference by sharing their learning achievements with you. At Freemans Bay School the child is at the heart of the learning process. Research highlights the benefits of students sharing their learning, communicating what they know and building on their knowledge
- Conversations between teachers and whānau as and when needed