Whānau Ata is our Māori pathway for whānau who want their tamariki to continue their learning through the medium of Māori. Whānau Ata teaching philosophy recognises, values and validates Te Reo me ōna tikanga.
We work collaboratively in an Innovative Learning environment with four kaiako. The medium of instruction in this unit is 100% Te Reo Māori, and once children reach Year 5, an English literacy programme is introduced.
Te Āhua o te Ākonga Ka Puta
- Kia kounga rawa tōna reo
- Kia tū pakari rawa te ākonga ki ngā ao e rua
- Kia tipu hei ākonga mātau, hei ākonga pakari, hei ākonga whakawhitiwhiti kōrero i roto i te ao Māori,
- Kia māhaki mārire tōna mauri
- Kia noho mārire tōna mana motuhake, kia ngākau māhaki ki ōna hoa tae noa hoki ki ngā iwi whānui
Admission to Whānau Ata is a minimum of 3 years at a Kohanga Reo or pre-enrolled in another Kura Kaupapa or Immersion Unit. However, some children have been admitted to our unit who have not attended either. Please feel free to discuss this with us at your child’s enrollment.
- Learning to speak Māori
- Enrolling in a class to further your reo
- Attending termly whānau hui
- Supporting learning outside of the classroom
- Contributing to fundraising
- Supervision on school trips
- Attending parent teacher child conferences
Pre-Enrolments for Whānau Ata
Nei rā te mihi atu ki a koutou ko tō whānau. Mehemea he hiahia nōu kia haere mai tāu tamaiti, āu tamariki rānei ki tō mātou rūmaki reo a Whānau Ata, tukua mai he pānui ki tēnei īmera.
If you are interested in enrolling your child/children in our full Immersion Māori unit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.